My style of food is not always traditional. I see so many fresh, seasonal local ingredients in Somerset. So I take new ideas from where I live, use lots of different cooking techniques from where I worked, then I recreate and put everything together with my memories of food in Japan. So this is not "Classic Japanese" but more like Kinori Cuisine!
My focus for my food is just simple, honest and exciting, plus it has got to be tasty. Anyone, everyone can enjoy it!
"Kinori" is a take on my dad's name. I left Japan in my 20's and wanted to have a family connection in the business name.
Kinori kitchen is not your regular restaurant or cafe that is open everyday.
Event are all different, dates are irregular and I will cook infront of you and have a chat with you.
I love this unusual freedom style kitchen....It's just fun for you and me!
What does Kinori do?
* Supper club ---- course meal, street food, "Izakaya" Japanese pub style and more!
* Cooking lessons ---- informal lessons at my kitchen or live online.
* Cooking demonstrations ---- just simple demo or demo with dinner together.
* Takeaway ---- occasional Takeaway from Kinori kitchen.
* Festivals ---- going to South West festivals serving tasty Japanese street food.
* Venue hire for private parties.
* Business collaboration.
* Consultancy service for setting up catering business, street food business, menu creating etc.
If you have any other catering needs then please contact me!
Chef and Company Director
Born in Ashikaga, Tochigi, Japan.
I left Japan when I was 21 years old, lived in London, Bristol and then Cornwall.
Worked in award winning restaurants, pubs and hotels and gained first AA rosette within 12 months of my first Head Chef position at the hotel. I then moved to Somerset in 2004 as the Head Chef at the Lord Poulett Arms, Hinton St George.
After this I won a catering contract with the South West HQ of the NHS Strategic Health Authority, and during this time I began my Japanese catering business.
Finally, I have now set up Kinori kitchen and am excited to be expanding my catering business in Chard where I live.